Thursday, May 17, 2007

Employers on Google and Facebook

I was just reading Lydias post about employers checking up on their potential emplyees on google, and how its leagal for them to do that now. I made a comment on her blog saying that I don't agree with this parctice because how can the employer tell that its really you that the goolge result showed. Also a nother thing I heard about employers doing is checking on employees through Facebook. I think that employers have no right to go through their employees personal pictures and personal things. I feel that as long as an employee is a good worker and prefroms well there is no reason for the company to dig into worker's personal lives. what they do on their own time is their own business. I also read an article about Facebook and how companies use it to check on their student interns. If you want to learn more plese check out the article Employers scrutinize Facebook profiles.

No comments: